Are you a contractor performing in the City of San Antonio Public Right of Way? Will you need to cut the street pavement structure to install new pipeline or other infrastrucrure? Those are just a few example of when you will need a Right of Way Permit Bond.
Why does the City of San Antonio require a Permit and Bond?
- To protect the users of the right of way and the City’s investment in infrastructure
- To improve construction coordination
- To minimize the impact of construction
- To recover the cost of damage done by construction activities
With these goals in mind, the City of San Antonio requires contractors to be Registered. Click here to go to the City of San Antonio site. Once registered, you will submit your application for Permit.
Before a Permit is issued, the applicant must obtain a $10,000 Right of Way Permit surety bond.
This will be delivered to the City of San Antonio and will be kept on file in the City Clerk’s office. This bond is intended to cover repair of defects resulting from careless or negligent performance of the work. The bond is written for a 1-year term and must remain in force until the work is accepted by the City.
Or Provide a one-time $100,000 bond
Instead of providing a $10,000 bond for each permit issued by the City of San Antonio, the applicant has the option to provide a one-time Right of Way Permit Bond in the amount of $100,000 which would be maintained on file with the City Clerk until the applicant is no longer working in or on City streets.
How do I obtain a City of San Antonio Right of Way Permit Bond?
- Complete our online application
- We will work with a surety bond company to issue your Right of Way Permit Bond
- Pay for your Right of Way Permit Bond on our secure website
- We will ship or sometimes email your Right of Way Permit Bond to you
If all of the information is included in the application we can usually get your Right of Way Bond approved the same day or the next business day. The premium for a City of San Antonio Right of Way Permit Bond is typically $100/year.
Please click on the link below to complete our quick online application and contact Schmalz & Associates for any of your surety bond needs! You may contact Eric Schmalz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 512.640.6444. We are here to help!